What exactly is a “street team”?
I’m so glad you asked!
A street team is a gang of fearless fans who love what I write and want to tell all their friends to read it too.
And, being a member has PERKS!
While subscribers to my newsletters get special content like peeks of my WIP and e-book giveaways, if you’re a Fearless Fan, you can also expect:
- Access to an exclusive Facebook group to share your thoughts, talk about all things bookish (I’m a bit of a fan-girl), and chat with other Fearless members about anything and everything (if you’re not on Facebook, you’ll get an exclusive monthly e-mail to keep you in the loop).
- To be the first to hear all brand-new news.
- Promotional materials like bookmarks, magnets, and other do-dabs to pass around.
- Promotional materials for you to love and keep.
- Even more giveaways (because who doesn’t love receiving stuff?!?). Especially CHOCOLATE.
- Bonus content like deleted scenes or short stories about your favourite characters.
In return, I hope you will (but don’t require you to):
- Spread the word. Tell everyone you know (and if you’re really bold, perfect strangers 😉 ) about my books.
- Buy my books. Purchase them when the preorder is available OR during the first week of release.
- Support literacy. Ask your librarian to order my books.
- Sharing is caring. Post news on social media and/or leave promotional materials in strategic locations like coffee shops, libraries, or your local bookstore (with permission, of course!).
- Become a reviewer. Write your honest review for my books on Amazon, Goodreads, and/or other sites.
- Tour the world. Participate in blog tours (if you’ve got a blog) or visit the blogs hosting tours and leave comments.
While I’ve only got a short story in an anthology at the moment, it’s never to early to start building a street team.
And until I get more stories published, we can bond over books and bookish delights!
And thank you, thank you for your continued support. It means the world to me!
Have you signed up for my newsletter? You’ll get access to my free flash fiction story, The Stone Veil, and I give away New Zealand chocolate and a book (winner’s choice) from Bookdepository in every newsletter!